Saturday, January 5, 2008

Balance?









It's been way too long since my last post. I feel horrible that my last post was up for so long because that was a really bad day. Really bad day. I don't always feel that way, and I guess it just felt good to get it out since I'm not a crier. Perspective is everything! Yes, I may struggle but I am so incredibly blessed. I have a body that functions well, feet that can walk or run, all 5 senses, a roof over my head, food to eat, a husband who loves me and children that teach me more about who God is and how He loves us , and more than I EVER wanted to know about myself (ouch!). My life is my dream come true. I LOVE my life!!!



Moving on...it's a new year and I'm not one for resolutions. Why set myself up for failure? (tee hee). I do try to set monthly or quarterly goals though. If I don't accomplish them then I move them to the next month or quarter - not as much pressure but still working on something. This month my main focus is to DE CLUTTER my house! We moved into this house a year and a half ago and there are still boxes in a closet that have never been reopened since moving. I'm guessing we don't need whatever is in there. I'm not the most organized person but I wish that I was. I think people like Katie Brown are amazing (not my sister, she's more than amazing!...the TV chick) . I am constantly purchasing things that will get me organized. I LOVE the Container Store. Strangely enough, I still have little piles of things everywhere. Hmmmm. What does that mean? It must be my strong Sanguine personality that gets in the way. Why unload and load the dishwasher when you can play Chutes and Ladders with the kids instead? In that moment, I honestly could care less what my kitchen looks like - it's just stuff, it's just dishes. Does it matter? Eventually, yes. So, I want to find the balance. I love that I am spontaneous, and that my schedule is packed. I may run around like a crazy person sometimes and I'm always drowning in laundry, but I truly believe my life is more fun! ...until I'm completely overwhelmed with all that needs to be done around here. So, maybe my goal this YEAR should be balance. I think I could apply this principal to every aspect in my life. ...but that's a topic for another blog.


I'm off to reorganize! Anyone wanna come over and help me?

1 comment:

steve and randel hambrick said...

when you get finished, can you head over to my house?? i was lying in bed this morning, thinking of things that need to be boxed.......