Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day, Mom

My Mom, Me & Grand Do Do (yes, that's what we call my grandmother)





Today is Mother's Day and I wanted to take the opportunity to thank my mom blogger style.

I have an amazing mother (& her mom is pretty great too! pictured above). It was pointed out to me recently that in trying times like these, I am very fortunate to have a loving family to turn to. In many cases, family would be the last place one would go to for support. I am truly blessed! My mother, Susan Slade Brown (known as Muzzy to the grandchildren), is the most selfless person I know. She radiates the love of Jesus to everyone around her and challenges me to grow in my relationship with God. She gives the best hugs and is a delight to be around. It's easy to be with her & I miss her when she's not with me. When I look back on my childhood, I honestly think my mom did a wonderful job. She was strict, yet loving, held a moral standard that never wavered and prayed and prayed and prayed for me. I can only hope to be as good as a mom. She set an amazing example. Still does. Not only is she still my mommy when I need her, she is also a best friend, an advice giver, a truth teller, a shoulder to cry on, and FUN! My world feels safer when she's around.

So Mom, thank you for being you and loving me so well. I treasure you and thank God each day that he blessed me with a mother like you. You really are the BEST. I love you.



Happy Mother's Day! ~Whitney

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome pic of three beautiful mothers that rock the house - Virginia :)

lauren said...

your momma is awesome!! just like you...i'm blessed to know you both :)

The Swaneys said...

I copied and pasted this into the card I sent to mom and made sure she read mine first :) I win.