Saturday, June 27, 2009

Quick Update

I think I told you yesterday(did I?) that Forester's ANC (absolute neutrophil count) was 8 and his total white blood cell count was 4. I am still trying to understand the difference...but no matter. Normal white blood cell range is 5,000-11,000 & normal ANC range is 2,000-6,000. This morning his ANC is 54 and the 24 hour blood culture showed no infection. YIPPEE!!! We're thankful his numbers are going up, though they have to get to 500 before they will discharge Forester. But, I thought they would have to get to 1200 before they would let him come home so this is another praise! They will also do a 48 hour and 72 hour blood culture to be sure there is no infection.

I'll be back later today with another update. Thank you SO much for praying!

All my love and gratitude ~ Whit

No comments: