Saturday, January 9, 2010

Praise and Another Prayer Request



First of all, we finally received the official results of Forester's MRI via phone message saying everything looks "good".  Thank you, Lord and thank you for your prayers!

Asking for some more prayers tonight.  Forester is sick with a tummy bug.  I am just mad about this because he's done enough puking this year to last a lifetime and I think he deserves a break!  Selfishly, I think we could all use one and I feel a little overwhelmed by the thought of another stomach bug making the rounds in our house. Please pray for grace and God's mercy and protection over us all.  Right now I'm thinking:  "Uh, yes. I'd like one pass for smooth sailing for 6 months please. Thank you."  But like I said this is selfish and self focused and the truth of the matter is we have been blessed beyond measure.  We live in a fallen messed up world and it comes with hardship, sickness and heartache. As much as I wish it weren't so...
But, that won't keep me from praying and asking you to pray. Pray for Forester to sleep peacefully tonight and be fully recovered in the morning and also a hedge of protection around the rest of our family.

Thank you. I will keep you updated.
xoxo ~ Whitney

2 comments:

steve and randel hambrick said...

DANG. say it aint so! we'll be praying over here.. AK had that bug last week and the good news was that it was QUICK! may it be there too!!

The Gatherum Family said...

seriously, it NEVER ends does it? i will be praying for your sweet family all the way across the country...can i just say YAY!!! for the MRI results?!?! that is awesome! here's to hoping the newest "bug" will be gone by morning! adrian