Friday, March 6, 2009

The Pathology Report

Forester's final pathology report indicates that he has anaplastic medulloblastoma, which is a more aggressive sub-type of medullablastoma. Anaplastic is a term used to describe cancer cells that divide rapidly and have little or no resemblance to normal cells. Although at least Whitney & I were surprised by this news, apparently it is not surprising.

Pete & Whitney will meet with the oncologist at 2pm on Monday to discuss the full layout of Forester's treatment plan. On Thursday, Forester will have a spinal tap and will receive the radiation port. In 10 to 14 days, he will start radiation.

Oh Lord, hear our cries!

Psalm 102: 1-2

1 Hear my prayer, O LORD!
And let my cry for help come to You.
2 Do not hide Your face from me in the day of my distress;
Incline Your ear to me;
In the day when I call answer me quickly.

Romans 8: 26-28

26In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;
27and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He (intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
28And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Thank you for your continued prayers!
April

1 comment:

Sam and Laurie Knowles said...

Please know that we continue to pray for you and Forester daily!!! -The Knowles